"I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated, by succeeding Generations, as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more.
You will think me transported with Enthusiasm but I am not. — I am well aware of the Toil and Blood and Treasure, that it will cost Us to maintain this Declaration, and support and defend these States. — Yet through all the Gloom I can see the Rays of ravishing Light and Glory. I can see that the End is more than worth all the Means. And that Posterity will tryumph in that Days Transaction, even altho We should rue it, which I trust in God We shall not."
Isn't it amazing to read this quote and then think of the way that we celebrate the 4th of July? Mike, Joel and I had our first 4th of July by ourselves and decided that we are going to go to Idaho for the 4th every year. That will be our family vacation time.While we were waiting for the fireworks to start we took some fun pictures so enjoy!
Happy Birthday America!









4 comments:
I love that quote!!
It is bittersweet to be away from family during the 4th...it is fun holiday and it is good to have our small family unit...but I sure miss the big bash with all the aunts and uncles, cousins, grandparents, and friends!! I totally agree with your choice to go home ever 4th!
I can't believe how big your baby boy is getting!! He seems to be looking more and more like his Daddy...do you agree or is that just me??
Very cute pictures!!! And is that Joel's tricycle? He's got one smooth ride!
I agree... IF is where it's at for the 4th! Hopefully we will see you in a few weeks!
ANGIE! YOU GOT TO GO INTO PHOTOGRAPHY GIRL!! THOSE PICTURES LOOK PROFESSIONAL!! I LOVE THEM ALL!!!! Joel is a handsome boy--and I wish I could kiss and squeeze those cheeks right now! (you'll have to do it for me!)
Thanks for the wonderful quote!
Post a Comment