Monday, December 22, 2008

Becoming the Translator

Joel's vocabulary has grown in leaps and bounds over the last month. Mimicking whatever we say and finding his own words (many of which I have no hope of understanding!) . I have found myself becoming the translator for Joel. Here are some translations - at least the ones I have figured out!!!

Puh-puh = Puppies (his favorite thing in the entire world!)
mama = mom
uh-uh-uh = mom as well
dada = daddy
booh = book
no =no and yes, we have already learned that word!
andma = grandma
papa = grandpa
suseme = excuse me (more a mimic but I will count it!)
tankyou = thank you (more of a mimic as well!)
tuh = toy
side = outside (his favorite place to be - even if it is FREEZING outside!)
nighnigh= night time
teefh = brush our teeth
stinky = dirty diaper (this was his first word! Poor boy that's what he will have to admit!)
uh = up as he is hanging on to the end of my shirt and pulling!
cookie= cookie - my favorite word too!

These are the words I can think of- I am sure there are more! It's amazing how fast they learn! So next time you moms have to write down your job description or talk about qualifications for a foreign espionage job - add in translator!

4 comments:

Shawn and Megan Atwood said...

I love that stage when they are learning words! You blog looks great by the way, love the picture of joel!

LittleFamilyJL said...

That last line was hilarious! Congratulations Joel on your progressing communicative abilities.

Lisa said...

That is so cute! Sara just babbles all day but I swear I catch whole sentences sometimes! I can't believe how big Joel is getting!

Bradbury Bunch said...

I love this post Angie!! Can I copy it? Lexi is learning new words like crazy, and she says thank you the exact same way as JOel! "tankyou" They're adorable!!! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!