Monday, August 3, 2009

A Sneak Peek in Joel's Room

Along with a new house- comes the fun part- DECORATING! I love doing it, but havent' had a chance to do a ton. I have finally gotten around to Joel's room. Here is a sneak peak because it's not done yet. The theme is Dr. Suess.
Above the closet
A cute shelf and growth chart
This is my favorite part. Mike and I and my brother-in-law built these shelves. Instead of bookshelves I saw this idea to hang shelves and put books on them. I liked it and did it. And, yes they are orange- and I like them!
Here they are put together, just pretend the bottom on is up- it needed to be secured to the wall better I guess! I also got him a cute little chair to go in the reading corner! Can't have too much emphasis on books in my opinion!!! There will also be a vinyl quote on the wall that says "The more that you read, the more you will know, the more you will know, the more places you'll go" by Dr. Seuss - of course!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

All those shelves are adorable! You definitely have a talent for decorating!

Gurr Family said...

I love it. The book shelves are adorable, I made Cameron come and look. We might still your idea.

*LaUrA* said...

So fun!!! Love all the quotes and books.

Allison said...

Super cute Angie!! I love decorating Emily's room too!! I do love your book idea. Way better than Em's book shelf where she unloads them everyday!! Does he love his chair?

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

So cute! love the theme. He's going to have such a cute room. Can't wait to see pics of the final product! :)

Lisa said...

How fun!!! I love it!!! Now I have more ideas for my kids' room! (Of course, theirs is Mickey Mouse, though...)

Allison said...

Very cute! Want to come do my house next?