Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Memories 2009

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas this year. We sure had a lot of fun! Here are a couple of memories to share. I decided that I am a child at heart. At 7:45 I finally told Mike I couldn't stand it any more and it was time to go wake up Joel. We went in his room and told him Santa had come. He knows who Santa is- and he knows what presents are, but he didn't know Santa brought presents! So here is Joel walking out of his room to see the Christmas tree and presents.
He was so funny, because he got to where he could see the tree and plopped right down on the ground and sat there just looking for about 3 minutes (a lifetime in toddler time!)
Look what Santa brought this year!


Mike suprised me with this hiking backpack which I am very excited to try out this summer! Mike got a pair of snowpants that won't leave him wet after a good snowmobile ride. I know he is very anxious to try them out!
And what did Joel get-- A lightning McQueen four wheeler! He loves it and rode it all over the house!


Another funny story about Christmas is my mom and dad bought Joel My first Engine Block! It is a little engine that comes with craftsman tools that you can take the peices off and rebuild the engine. Mike and Joel sat down with it for probably an hour playing with it. I don't know who has more fun with it - Joel or Mike, but it has provided hours of entertainment.
Is it sad when your barely turned 2 year old can name all the parts of the engine? I don't think there is any hope in our house!
Well, Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and wishing you a Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

What a fun Christmas!!! Merry Christmas to you guys!

Bradbury Bunch said...

What a fun Christmas!!! Joel's faces are adorable--and so are his jammies! Looks like Santa treated you well, and I noticed you're only 1 day away from THE DUE DATE!! Hooray! Maybe the next post will be a new Bailey boy!! :) We're soooooooo excited to meet him can you tell?!?!?

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

What a great Christmas!!
Linda

LittleFamilyJL said...

Merry Christmas!! Man I want to go hiking with you! Do you remember when we went to the Wind Caves with Joel and his roomates forever ago. I just found a picture of it the other day and man those were the days.
And I LOVE that lightning Mcqueen 4 wheeler. Your little man and my little man would be best buds for sure!