5 years ago
Thursday, December 17, 2009
A Funny Story
I don't think the timing could be any more wrong than this-- well, two weeks before could be worse but I don't think they call people up for JURY DUTY between Christmas and New Years!!! Yes, I got a nice letter in the mail at my mom and dad's house calling me up for Jury Duty at the beginning of January (my mom and dad live about 1 mile away from me so we visit-- a lot!). I know I should have put wrong address on the envelope and mailed it back, but it just didn't cross my mind to do that (Remember I'm 9 months pregnant -- I don't think clearly!!!) I didn't think it would be a problem to get out of it, but according to their letter you can only postpone for 4 months-- not a good time for a nursing mom to leave a baby all day! So, I called the courthouse about 10 times in 3 days and finally got a hold of them. Yes, they were very understanding and told me I could postpone for 1 year! But whew, that was close! I just thought the timing of everything couldn't be funnier!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
Too funny! I got called for jury duty two weeks before Grant was born and I knew I had to be living in SLC at that point. They were super understanding, but again, it is like they can sense when it would be really bad timing!
That sucks!!! I'm glad you got it postponed!
That is funny. I've been postponing it for 6 years now due to child care issues. As long as I am a stay at home mom and have little ones at home, I am not going to do jury duty.
Wow, so glad you got out of it!! What timing!
Linda
You know you planned this all along! HEhehe! :) Just kiddin! I would love to hear an experience with jury duty, and I'm praying in the meantime that I NEVER get a letter like that!!
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! You're baby is going to be here soon!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! I can't wait!!
P-S We're staying here for the holidays. We decided that we want to see family in the Summer (and since we just saw most everyone a couple months ago). We'll be coming out in July or August. That would be great to see you!! Christmas time is crazy for everyone, it's cold, expensive, and we decided that we'll be able to DO MORE COOL STUFF with family in the summer! I already can't wait to eat one of my Dad's BBQ hamburgers!!
Anyway, I love ya Angie! THANK YOU for all your comments! They make my day!!
I called for Jury Duty TWICE...the first time I REALLY wanted to go but my professor at college wouldn't let me miss class....the 2nd time I lost all interest in going to jury duty and postponed because I was still in school. I don't ever want to do jury duty. The ironic part is my mom is 51 years old and has always wanted to do jury duty but has yet to be called.
and yay...I can't wait to see pics of your new babe on here!
That is so crazy! Seriously bad timing. I always hear about people getting these, but Brian and I never have (knock on wood). I just looked at your baby countdown and you are so close! How exciting!
I got jury duty at the beginning of the semester. I was able to get out of it because of school! Yay! Good luck with your baby coming soon.
hey...my address is
485 E. Commerce St. #1
Hernando, MS 38632
yippee!!
Post a Comment